Thursday, March 29, 2012

Performance of datatable.select() func against database query or

Hi all
I am developing a webportal on VS2005 and ASP.NET 2.0
Using MsSQL SERVER 2005.
I have some static records(around 15000) in the database.These contents
never changed while the application is running.
what i m doing is querying the database only once at the
application_start event of the global.asax file and storing the records
in dataset...and further no query to database is done for this data.
wherever I need this data I fetch it from the dataset...through
datatable.select(filter expression) method.this is done several time for
a single page request and the website is high traffic portal.
Is it an efficient way of doing or there is any other better way by
which I can achieve the same..,as the amount of data is very
large...approx 15,000 records.
Plz Suggest me ........
Thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Regards
Deepti Yadav
NoidaOK, I will suggest you. 15,000 rows for a select is a lot of data to displa
y
in an ASP.NET web application. Are your users realistically going to need to
see all 15,000 rows? why not have a more restrictive select with some sort
of paging mechanism if they want to move to the next page of results?
Peter
--
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
UnBlog: http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com
Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net
"Mukesh" wrote:

> Hi all
> I am developing a webportal on VS2005 and ASP.NET 2.0
> Using MsSQL SERVER 2005.
> I have some static records(around 15000) in the database.These contents
> never changed while the application is running.
> what i m doing is querying the database only once at the
> application_start event of the global.asax file and storing the records
> in dataset...and further no query to database is done for this data.
> wherever I need this data I fetch it from the dataset...through
> datatable.select(filter expression) method.this is done several time for
> a single page request and the website is high traffic portal.
> Is it an efficient way of doing or there is any other better way by
> which I can achieve the same..,as the amount of data is very
> large...approx 15,000 records.
> Plz Suggest me ........
>
> Thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Regards
> Deepti Yadav
> Noida
>

0 comments:

Post a Comment